Last night, Mike and I were ordering sandwiches at Potbelly's and couldn't help but notice the guy in front of us looked familiar. Really familiar. I was entertaining ideas, but didn't want to say anything until Mike asked me if I recognized him. I said, "Not unless he's on the Crew." Well, of course, Mike was thinking the same thing. We left him alone as he ordered and left, and of course as soon as we got home we jumped on the internet and searched the team roster. Lo and behold, it turns out we were standing in line next to Duncan Oughton (Duncan's Crew profile), one of the midfielders for the Crew. Being the soccer obsessed lunatics we are, we tried not to get overly excited, but I have to admit it was really a great way to end a day. I'm now working on memorizing the entire roster in anticipation of future encounters, as it's surprisingly difficult to recognize some of these guys without their yellow jerseys on. I think perhaps it's about time I joined one of the three official fan clubs: the Hudson Street Hooligans, the Crew Union, or La Turbina de las Amarillas.... (photo from goal.com, specifically http://www.goal.com/hk/people/new-zealand/6650/duncan-oughton)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
a brush with the crew
Last night, Mike and I were ordering sandwiches at Potbelly's and couldn't help but notice the guy in front of us looked familiar. Really familiar. I was entertaining ideas, but didn't want to say anything until Mike asked me if I recognized him. I said, "Not unless he's on the Crew." Well, of course, Mike was thinking the same thing. We left him alone as he ordered and left, and of course as soon as we got home we jumped on the internet and searched the team roster. Lo and behold, it turns out we were standing in line next to Duncan Oughton (Duncan's Crew profile), one of the midfielders for the Crew. Being the soccer obsessed lunatics we are, we tried not to get overly excited, but I have to admit it was really a great way to end a day. I'm now working on memorizing the entire roster in anticipation of future encounters, as it's surprisingly difficult to recognize some of these guys without their yellow jerseys on. I think perhaps it's about time I joined one of the three official fan clubs: the Hudson Street Hooligans, the Crew Union, or La Turbina de las Amarillas.... (photo from goal.com, specifically http://www.goal.com/hk/people/new-zealand/6650/duncan-oughton)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment